The competition for the CJ Furry Friend title heats up as we introduce another cute canine in our 3rd enrty! If you love mini-cuteness, you...

"CJ FURRY FRIEND" COMPETITION ENTRY NO. 3 - CHERRY

Monday, April 28, 2014 Jojohung 3 Comments

The competition for the CJ Furry Friend title heats up as we introduce another cute canine in our 3rd enrty! If you love mini-cuteness, you're gonna want to vote for this one!

WANT TO MEET THE OTHER CHALLENGERS? HERE WE GO!
To meet Pet #1, click HERE (KODY)
To meet Pet #2, click HERE (BLACKIE & BROWNIE)
To meet Pet #4, click HERE (HOSHI)
To meet Pet #5, click HERE (FAT BOY)
To meet Pet #6, click HERE (PIKA & MOCHI)
To meet Pet #7, click HERE (BABY)

_______________________________________________________

Owner: Cherylene
Role in CJ: CJ Dance 

Nominated Pet: Cherry

It's mini! Toy for scale.
Nominated Pet
Name: Cherry
Breed: Maltese - Shitzu Hybrid
Age: 2 and a Half Years
Gender: Female

Maltese are bred to be cuddly companion dogs, and thrive on love and attention. Characteristics include slightly rounded skulls, with a finger-wide dome, a black button nose and brown eyes. The body is compact with the length equaling the height.
Shihtzu’s coat may be of any colour, though white and with blazes of white are frequently seen. A very noticeable feature is the under-bite, which is required in the breed standard.



Cherylene: 
This is my cute, little (not really), fluffy Maltese x Shihtzu pup, Cherry Tan! Cherry has the size and features of a Maltese, and the colours and personality of a Shihtzu.

Cherry got her name from a soft toy that I had owned since primary 1. My sister and I had always wanted a dog, but my mum was scared of dogs as she had a bad past with them.

After pestering her for a really long time, she finally relented: “Okay, as long as I still have my freedom.” (whut?)

My Sister and I then went to visit a dog that we saw on a website. The previous owner was selling some new born puppies as she couldn’t rear any more pups. If they weren’t sold to other owners, they would have been taken away from her.  She was soooo tiny back then, almost the same size as my toy seal.

Cherry and Cherry.
OUT FIRST ENCOUNTER...

Cherylene: 
When we carried her for the first time, she was comfortable and didn’t squirm. The previous owner was shocked, as she would squeal when anyone else tried to carry her.  After hearing this, the only thing that went through my mind was “WE HAVE TO GET HER”! Which we did. The next thing we knew she was in the car home with us.

ON CHERRY'S NAME...

Cherylene: 
On the way back, we were discussing what name we should give her. I came up with Cherry, as my grandma had given me a toy seal when I was little - Cherry.  My sister felt that it was a dumb idea (HA!) to name the dog after my toy, so we tried to come up with other names.

After 15mins or so, we decided that Cherry still best suited her the best and therefore, Cherry! 

CHERRY'S NON-SUPERHERO ABILITIES...

Cherry is really timid, and she gets frightened at the smallest things.

She knows how to sit, lay down, do a Hi-5 and shake hands. She is currently in training for “Bang!” (The one where she plays dead ^^)

Cherry is really stubborn at times though she is very smart. When you ask her “Where’s Panda? (Her favourite toy)” she’ll search the whole house for it. She likes human companion, but she’s afraid of other dogs; even those smaller in size.

Even dogs have bad hair days.
EDITOR'S NOTE: WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR CHERRY
Funny story: "I once went to the zoo. It only had only 1 dog. It was a shit-zu." Get it? Shit zoo? Mwahahaha. ok.

In all seriousness, I have a soft spot for shitzu having had 2 of such dogs myself, but they were given away (cue tears of sadness). Shitzus unfortunately aren't known for being the smartest dogs (it's true!), nor are they the sharpest tools in the shed. This thus makes for endless funny and memorable moments such as walking into glass doors, or doing the silliest of things.

One of the more common of breeds around, it's an insatiable fluffiness of cute.

___________________________________________________________________


Wanna vote for Cherry? Simply click on the "LIKE" or "SHARE" button at the top! Entry No. 3 is now here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favourite!! Way to adorable!!!! ��

Viola said...

Cherry is my favorite ^^ WHAT A CUTE SHITZU! WHAT A CUTE NAME! I really want to have a dog especially shitzu a long time ago, but my parents don't allow me. And you are very lucky to have a dog that is so cute and clever. How do you teach Cherry to sit, lay down, do a Hi-5 and shake hands??? I'm very curious, hehe ^^ How long until he can do all that? Because to teach a baby to obey their parents have been very difficult. And you know, I most liked when you said "Even dogs have bad hair days". I laughed when I saw Cherry's picture and read that words! But, THAT'S SO TRUE! LOL! ^^

email : multifandomkpopers@gmail.com

Titi said...

Cherry is definitely my favorite :D I personally love miniature dogs and Cherry is so adorable I want to pick her up from my computer screen :( AWWWW THE PICTURE WITH CHERRY&CHERRY IS ADORABLE!!!! I am seriously in love with your dog so cute so cute so cute :) I think it's also adorable how she can play dead with "Bang!" Forgive my kpop fangirl mind but when I saw that, I immediately thought of Bang Yongguk, my ultimate bias and how cute he would find her :) Okay I am scrolling down on all the pictures right now and I am literally saying "awwww" at every single one of them. It's beyond cute how she looks through the entire house for her toy :) so much loyalty :) Okay so this post isn't that creative or unique but don't worry, I have a plan to make it unique: POEM TIME YAYYYYY


C rying rn bc this dog is way too cute, this
H ealthy and handsome ball of fur
E very little girl and boy's dream
R eally very smart
R "awr"<---thats me, Cherry, trying to scare away other dogs
Y OURE ADORABLE CHERRY AND IM SORRY THIS POEM SUCKS BUT I WISH I COULD ADOPT YOU.

so that was my lame attempt at a poem. maybe you guys will give me an "e" for effort? :)

Email: titido694@yahoo.com

thanks so much for giving out precious signed albums for this giveaway and i hope I win because that poem was seriously really hard to write. FIGHTING GUYS FIGHTING~~~~~~